Khan Academy – Free Online Lessons and Practice Questions for K-14
Khan Academy is one of the most widely used learning platforms in the world. It?s a not-for-profit organization initiated by educator Salman Khan. ?It?s a free learning platform with short learning video lectures, articles, practice questions and activities for K-14, prepared by various subject-matter experts. On their platform, student reports including their learning behavior, gaps and progress can also be tracked.?
?Our mission is to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere.?
? Khan Academy?s Website
Platforms: Website and Android and iOS APPs; Can be integrated with Google Classroom
Users: Educators, students and parents
It’s listed as one of our Best Free Educational Websites for Kids. (You can check out our complete list to discover more such resources.)
Subjects taught at KhanAcademy.org:
- Maths – Early math, Arithmetic, Pre-algebra, Algebra , Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics & probability, Precalculus, Calculus, Multivariable calculus, Differential equations, Linear algebra, and Math for fun and glory. Khan Academy Math is quite popular among learners worldwide.
- Science and Engineering ? Physics, Cosmology & astronomy, Chemistry, Organic chemistry, Biology, Health & medicine, and Electrical engineering.
- Computing ? Computer programming, Computer science, Hour of Code, and Computer animation.
- Arts and humanities ? Art History, Grammar, Music, US history, and World history.
- Economic and finance ? Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Finance & capital markets, and Entrepreneurship.
- Test prep ? Khan Academy SAT prep, GMAT prep, ?IIT JEE, Khan Academy MCAT prep, NCLEX-RN, and CAHSEE.
These subjects are available in various languages around the world.
How to use Khan Academy?s content:
- Teachers can assign videos and articles to students to view at home, so that classroom discussions can be more productive, and more time can be given to activities based around the topics. Students can also refer to the lessons for flipped learning at their own pace.
- Practice questions help students assess their learning of the concepts. Students get instant feedback and comments that keep them motivated to perform better. Khan Academy?s MAPPERS or MAP Recommended Practice lets students and teachers to enter learners? NWEA MAP test scores to get personalized recommendations of Math lessons.
- Analytics and report show how students are performing and improving over time.
- Students can also take quizzes before a lesson to asses their understanding of the concept, and get lesson recommendations from Khan Academy.
- Step-by-step lessons allow students to learn the concepts throughly
All the wonderful features on the website are free, thanks to the support it has recieved from organisations and people worldwide. Khan Academy organization is supported by Bank of America, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Comcast, AT&T, The Walt Disney Company, Google, and more.
How you can contribute to learning:
You can contribute to the cause by donating to Khan Academy, or you can volunteer with them, and help them:
- Translate the content in various international languages, to make it accessible to learners from all over the world
- Check the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the content to make it more valuable for learners
Your kids can benefit a lot from Khan Academy?s wonderful repository of learning and practice resources. Their panel of academicians is putting their heart and soul in creating the lessons, and volunteers from all over the world are contributing money and effort in realizing Khan?s dream of making education accessible to anyone, anywhere.
I blog frequently and I genuinely thank you for your content.
This article has really peaked my interest.
I’m going to book mark your website and keep checking for new details about once a week.
I opted in for your Feed as well.
Gre?tings from ?h??! I’m bored at work s? I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break.
? really like the knowledg? ?ou prov?de here and can’t wait to t?ke a look when I get
home. I’m amazed at how fast your ??og lo?ded on my phone ..
I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, amazing ?log!
Hi all, here e?ery person is sharing these familiarity, t?erefore it’s nice to read this blog, and I used to pay a quick visit this website everyd?y.
I was suggested this web site through my cousin. I’m not certain whether
this put up is written by means of him, as nobody else understand such
detailed about my trouble. You’re wonderful! Thank you!